META (OOC Only)
I thought an OOC-exclusive topic might be in order in case people have questions.
A few general notes for onlookers and players:
* Nothing in THIS Meta topic influences anything in the other topics. However, anything in any other topic -- even if it's clearly OOC chatter -- might come into play. Anything said or described in any scene might (or might not) influence things in other scenes, immediately or in the future. This is in keeping with the spirit and desired gameplay of Vox.
* The general confusion one might get from reading these threads out of chronological sequence is a) not to be feared, b) actually ideal, and c) in keeping with the mood and themes of Vox. I mean this not just from the sense of the scenes taking place in various times and places, but also from the order of the posts. Hopefully you should be able to read them all at once and still walk away knowing what's going on.
* The basic themes being explored here are generally covered in the Vox metaplot, but there are no specific details carried over from the rulebook. To be clear: I am not specifically using any of the setting materials from the book, nor any characters. I am making this up as we go along and I encourage you to do the same.
* This PBP game is still, and forever will be, open to new players. Drop in, drop out, bring in new characters, pretend to be Voices, what have you. Each scene as written should contain ample characters and plot devices for anyone to jump in and out as they please. Not every character will be connected to other characters, but as mentioned above that possibility will always be open.
* Nothing is off limits. The only rule here is the basic rule of Improv: never say "no," always say "yes, but." Everything should add to the story, and nothing should retcon or nullify any earlier post. Anything legitimately added to a scene remains part of that scene; it can be ignored or avoided, but it cannot be retroactively removed.