I have to record this somewhere becasue I always forget. This is sort of a checklist to see if I recorded everything everywhere it needs to be:
In the entries themselves it is:
- Body Text
- Citations: 1 existing, 2 phantoms (only 1 new - since 2nd round)
- Category (in the form [ [ Category:blah ] ] ) since you can never seem to remember this you git.
After the entry is complete then the backtracking begins:
- Ghyll Phantom Index: Add new Phantoms and remove old ones.
- Ghyll Index: Add new entry.
- Ghyll Who's Who: Add new entries and link any defined ones.
- Ghyll Timeline: Update any calendar entries needed.
I think that's about it.
I had this idea that there are a few "spurious terms" that have no Earthly analog and that are not references, citations or phantoms. This means that there are essentially UNDEFINED terms in the encyclopedia.
As I find them I'll add them here for reference:
- anomilumina (Pinky) - A quality of light?
- couthblossom (Hattie's Day) - A plant presumeably?
- elhenberry (Aminfarances) - Something that can be made into beer.
- emphyteusis (Doc Rockett) - as used it implies a disease but I found it defined in the real world as the act of emplanting or improving land.
- gargarational (Brothers of the Lantern) - Your guess is a good as mine
- glitterthought - (Battle of Barnum Stones) - some sort of narrative?
- glugfeffil (Looliers) - a tool or artifact?
- hobosopher (Systematic Epistemological Action) - Altifur Witherspoon was one.
- honng/hongg (Brothers of the Lantern) - Your guess is a good as mine
- knackerbat (Quiver'n'bend) - It was good enough to name a group after.
- obith (Awal shrinkage) - Some property of mass?
- plonk (Acineen) - Probably a rude term applied to a Kebro-Shepnor liquor.
- shep/shepskin (Aliens Everywhere) - What Aliens Everywhere! is printed on.
- sparkularities (Pinky, Songs of Odgar The Fourth) - open to sparculation.
- mureannor (Pickers) - a sort of occupation or lifestyle (per clsn)
- trefk (in a scholarly comment in Aelfants) - Presumeably a rude word
- treefiddy (Systematic Epistemological Action) - An expression of disbelief?
- trunggalist (Doc Rockett) - An occupation
- verapsnik (Looliers) - Some sort of religious items?
- wither-pipes (Acineen) - Something for smoking.
- wizzlard - (Jemima and the Square Do-Gooders) - Profession? Title? Some sort of -mancer?
Defined in context:
- breakas (Captain Riquiras)- A rude exclaimation (from "By Riquiras").
- canoralists (Battle of Barnum Stones & Harv Gretborn)- N. Traditional producer of ritual music.
- canoral (ibid.) - N. A form of ritual music.
- dovination (Bureau of Forgotten Knowledge)- N. The use of dove calling patterns to determine the future and lost memories of the past. (and a righteously bad pun)
- fecksadecimal (Gyll Hill)- N. The numbering system for counting sexual intercourse frequency.
- ghoulanaut (Sphoxolis Trees) - some variant of EctoMechanaut, possibly an urban legend. (see Narthcuhgylliandonelfherendkeflugen in Darkened Lantern)
- sdhim (Aminfarances) - A fund-raising consortium.
- smilch (Battle of Barnum Stones, Awal shrinkage)- N. the light produced by Theoalchemy or Technomancy.
- smilching (ibid.)- V. To produce light through Theoalchemy or Technomancy.
- smilcher (ibid.)- N. A traditional producer of light via smilching.
- tri-menth (Betrothal march)- N. One-third of the betrothal march.